Before we go and learn the ancestry login and sign-up process, let’s understand what is ancestry and why genealogists love using it when they research.
What is ancestry.com?
Ancestry is one of the largest and oldest websites which holds genealogy information. It holds much information related to history. It was founded in 1983 by John Sittner. In 1996 they launched their website. Ancestry used to sell and support family tree maker; a family tree maker is a software and user needs to install in their computer to use it. In 2016, a family tree maker was sold to MacKiev.
To ancestry login and sign up process – Follow the steps below
Note: You can go 14days Ancestry free trial, or you can subscribe for an ancestry-paid service. If you want to use ancestry for free, please keep in mind you can use it for only 14days. If you want to use it for more than 14days, you will need to pay.
1. Please click here to subscribe for 14days free trial.
- Select the plan, you like the most and click on Start Free Trial. You will get another window as displayed in the image below.
Note – Image is only for representational purposes.
- Click on continue to free trial to go to sign-up page. Here you will need to put your personal information. Please make sure, you are using a secure device as you will be putting your financial information on this website.
- If you want to use only free service, please cancel your ancestry account before 14days. If you do not cancel it, they may charge your card.
2. Please visit https://www.ancestry.com/cs/offers/subscribe for the paid version.
- Choose the plan you like to go for and click on Get Started. The next screen will be as displayed in the image.
Note – Images are shown to represent the topic and make it easy for users.
- Click on proceed to check out to pay for the service. You may get an email to activate your account as well. You can always upgrade or degrade your services. As soon as you pay or subscribe for free trial, you can login and create an online tree or do your research.
Learn How To Sign in Ancestry Account – Step by Step guide
Sign in Ancestry Account
A user needs to visit https://www.ancestry.com/account/signin if they want to sign in to ancestry.com. Type your ancestry username and password and click on sign in. If you are not login or sign in to ancestry, then you can click on forgot password or username to reset it. If you forgot Ancestry Passwords So, we already have detailed blog for “how to reset username and password for ancestry?”
Ancestry login within Family Tree Maker interface
- Open family tree maker on macOS or windows OS. Click on Log in as shown in the image below.
- As soon as you click on the log in, you will get new window for you to put your email or username and password. Please type this information to sign into ancestry.com.
Note: if you are using Family tree Maker 2017 or later version then you may not be able to sync or do research using ancestry on FTM. Please make sure to update or upgrade your software.
RootsMagic software and ancestry login process
- Please open your RootsMagic software. On the top menu list, you will see internet options. Click on internet tab which is on top. You will get another window. Please sign in to your ancestry account here.
- You can use TreeShare option in RootsMagic. This feature lets you share your tree with others.
Hope this blog will help you to Ancestry sign in or login problem into Ancestry Account. If you need any solution regarding Ancestry, then you can visit to our website for chat support or you can call us to Ancestry Tech Help Number +1-888-299-3207.